Thursday, May 20, 2010

how is my favorite Diegos doing?

I have a student whose name is Diego.  He is the one who missed me all the way from his table about a month ago. Diego is adorable, very cute, and sometimes a little distracted from what's going on. For example, we'll be moving in line and he will be looking around at the pictures on the wall so I have to say, "Go Diego, Go!" I do apologize for my blatant misuse of his name. However, when he brings his lunchbox with the cartoon character Diego on it, I can't help but get caught up in the catchphrase!

Anyhow, Diego has a little brother who is in Kindergarten and I happen to adore some of the Kindergarteners in his class. I have a friend named Galileo, a friend named Alexandra, and a new friend named Ivan. Ivan constantly says to me, "Hey, you're Diego's teacher." So, today my Kindergarten friends were walking in from recess with their class. I looked at them and said, "Hi! How is my favorite Kindergarten class doing?!", to which Ivan replied, "How is my favorite Diegos doing?"

Excellent question, friend. I don't know what it means, but if I find some Diegos, I will most certainly tell you how is they doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment