Wednesday, May 19, 2010

long time, no see.

So, I haven't written in quite some time. To be honest, I've had a lot of struggles lately in my head. I've learned the following things:


1. I have a difficult time saying "no" if I feel like it might bother people.
2. I have a difficult time staying busy on weeknights and staying free on weekends.
3. I crave free weekends.
4. Despite my longing to keep people and not let them go and my distinct desire to be in touch with all parts of my past, people will not always stay connected. Facebook is deceitful when it says you will be "Friends" forever. It's not bad, it just is. And it's unfortunate for people like me who don't like letting go.
5. It's much harder for me to read books after I've seen movies, emotionally speaking.
6. Sometimes, no matter what you do, people will be upset with you. Either people think I'm too nice or too mean. It stresses me out and as much as I always loved being "apathetic", it really bothers me when people I care about disagree with things I do.
7. I don't make enough quality "me" time.
8. I really need to be more organized at my house...and at my job.
9. I miss the beach.
10. I am going to cry when my kids leave on June 17th.


Anyhow, I'm reading The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. I saw the movie in August and cried my eyes out. Cried. My. Eyes. Out. I have never been so emotional at a movie (besides "The Shawshank Redemption") and I was completely blown away. So I knew friends that had read it and said it wasn't that different and the movie was still good. So I decided to read the book. It's great. It's longer than I anticipated. I'm loving it. However, because I saw the movie, I know what's coming. I see all of the foreshadowing and it's hard for me to read it quickly. Too emotional. I think I need to read some light, fun, ridiculousness for awhile after this book.


My kids have been awesome this week. I was reading them a poem this week about bears & lions. I asked my kids which animal they'd rather be: lion or bear. I had some kids say, "Lion, because they roar." or "Bear, because they have sharp claws." Then I call on one girl...sitting directly in front of me...who answers, "Both, because they can make babies." Sixteen and pregnant, anyone?


Also...reading testing. My children are reading word lists. This went as follows: "lesson-moment-worse-hurt-raper-needle..." The word was repair. Oh man. I shouldn't laugh about these things...but it's pretty freaking funny. I can't lie.


Oh yeah, I'm gonna cry like a tear-duct-disabled-chef with 30 pounds of onions to chop.

No comments:

Post a Comment