Monday, January 14, 2013

Manic Monday

I promise I'm coming back this week! I know that if we're friends on facebook, I promised a post today...but...

-a meeting started late
-it's POURING
-it was still dark at 8 a.m.
-it was dark by 2 p.m.
-no recess today
-moved 4 kids' cards to yellow (that hasn't happened in awhile)
-found a HUGE scheduling snafu that I was responsible for
-frantic parent came in to the office...at SIX P.M.
-it's POURING
-it wasn't the 70 degrees they said it would be and...

did I mention it's pouring? ugh.

Anyway, I have a serious case of the Mondays but some things that are getting me through...

Living room progress:

My above-the-buffet project. :) Thanks to my husband for working on it while I babysat SO MUCH this weekend.


SO much better than this...I think it's coming together!
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, I'm doing this. WHAT? Most people who read this *probably* don't know what Haven is...but it's a HUGE HUGE HUGE DIY blogging conference held in Atlanta, GA. I mean, almost all of my favorite bloggers were there last year [Young House Love, The Lettered Cottage, Bower Power, Ana White, and http://www.uglyducklinghouse.com/...to name a few...]. So yeah, it's a big deal. I know my blog is but a baby blog. I call it "my little baby blog", but I feel like I could really grow and be supported and encouraged at Haven. So, I bit the bullet. I'm super excited to be rooming with a fellow Virginia-blogger, Caroline from The DIY Nurse! Hooray! I can't wait for August! :)

I'll be back with the "painting project" for the living room tomorrow- I'm hanging it RIGHT now!


No comments:

Post a Comment