Sunday, January 31, 2010

Goals and Aspirations.

As many of you know, last year was not the year of goals for me. Most of the ones I set for myself did not work out, including the ominous goal of personal fitness.

This year our church voted on a new pastor. It was a real blessing and a great way to start a new year after so many years of difficulty and a lack of direction in our church. One night (when facebook stalking), I saw our new pastor's status from December that said he was on book #85 of 100. Well, apparently his goal of 2009 was to read 100 books in a year. I absolutely adore reading and had recently renewed my love for it during the winter break, so I was eager to get back into reading in the new year.

I decided to go buy books. :) The only books I'm including in my 100 books are books for grownups. For the most part they have a 200-something page minimum...it's not fair to sit and read a book with 100 pages and say I've accomplished 100 books in a year.

I'll try to read some non-fiction, which is usually a struggle for me. Kids' books don't count. Cookbooks don't count. :)

It's January 31st and I've read 8...my small reading audience will be my accountability for this...and possibly also my soon-to-be-30-Day-Shred with Jillian Michaels. Here goes...

1. Emily Giffin- Baby Proof
2. Heather Gudenkauf- The Weight of Silence
3. Karen White- The Lost Hours
4. Emily Giffin- Love the One You're With
5. Sara Zarr- Sweethearts--teen fiction
6. Barbara Delinsky- While My Sister Sleeps
7. Sarah Weeks- So B. It--kinda a kids book...but almost 300 pages.
8. Lisa See- Snow Flower and the Secret Fan--don't read if you can't handle grotesque depictions of foot binding. ew.



7 of the 8...







So there we are...if I can keep up about 8 books/month then I should be good because I read extra in the summer. However, I have 5 books by my bed right now so I'm hoping to add them to this list shortly. :) ...and also find time to Shred 30 days of fat from my body. Fingers crossed.

I hope the New Year has found you well and I truly hope that 2010 will be a year of personal growth, physical diminishing ;), and emotional contentment.

Love,
me.

No comments:

Post a Comment